Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Friday, March 30, 2012

A New Day

Yesterday I was feeling incredibly sad and wasn't able to see much in a positive manner. Today, I woke up with a different outlook and I'm so grateful for that. I've been enjoying my kids today. Going to the bakery for treats and warm yummy drinks for me and my Buzz doesn't hurt either...that could certainly brighten anyone's mood, right? :) But in all seriousness, the waves of grief which I've heard about are upon the shores of our home. And today's wave is very small in comparison to the squall which seemed to cover the home and our hearts yesterday. Thank you Lord for the currently small wave of the day. I really appreciate a reprieve from the intensity of the raging sea.


Erik and I have been blessed to have a counselor named Grace with whom we have met before. Her name is so befitting of her as she emulates grace and peace and encouragement in such a strong way. I know that God has placed her in our lives. And this week, I knew that we needed to start going to see her again. Last night we had the privilege of doing just that. It really helps to talk through grief and loss as a couple with an outside party. If you or someone you know has gone through loss of any magnitude, I encourage you to seek counseling. You don't need to do your grieving all on your own...and putting voice to the thoughts in your mind can be incredibly helpful. There is no reason to be ashamed to seek counseling. It does not make you less of a person. It doesn't mean that you are not strong. In fact, I think that it makes a person stronger to admit that they need help and to go seek that help. Thank you Grace for joining us on our journey. You are a gift to us.

Now...I'm going to focus today on the little kiddos that are present with us and the blessing that they are. They need their mama today, and I need them too.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I am praying for you... I remember those early days of grief so clearly... They are so hard and like you said full of the waves of grief... some small, some huge. My husband and I saw a couselor a couple of times after we lost Samuel, and I saw her many more times. She was such a blessing to me. Praying for the Lord to comfort your grieving heart! Keep pressing on friend... The pictures of Solveig are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi sweet mommy I am so glad you found me! Yes I know this pain....it has not been long for me either. Writing and finding other mommies online has been a huge help to me. I see you know my beautiful friend Sara. I am so blessed to have met baby loss mom's online as I do not know any in real life. Your Solveig is so pretty, I just love her picture. please feel free to email me anytime. Lonesomeness is hell when you are grieving. You are not alone....I am here anytime you want to chat. I am saying a prayer for you now and will continue to pray for you. I did a lot of reading tonight but I will be back over the next few days to get the full story. Hugs sweet friend:)

Sammy and Missy Parris said...

I am so glad you have found our blog through Tesha (isn't she precious. Your baby is beautiful and I am sure your grief is still very raw right now. Wow!! 33 weeks, we only had Daniel for 19. I read back and saw that you had many visits with her with ultra sound. I have some precious memories of Daniel too during our times seeing him with ultra sound. Easter morning was very hard for me. It hit me on the way to church that I should have my baby with me this morning. I could remember back in the fall when we first found out we were expecting and I thought about celebrating Easter Sunday with our new baby! The pain still cuts deep!!! I will be praying for you, you have a beautiful family!!!!