Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Letter To My Daughter

We had our kids make special cards for Solveig using scrapbook paper that I had and stickers that were given to us by the Miss_ing Gra_ce Foun_dation. Those cards were on display next to her casket at the funeral, and upon burial we placed the cards inside to be buried with Solveig. I knew that I needed to write her a letter as well, and I encouraged Erik to do the same - and he did, bless his wonderful heart. We placed our letters in the casket right before it was sealed the day of her burial. I made sure to make copies of the letters for us to keep here. Below is my letter:


Sunday March 4, 2012

My dear, beautiful daughter Solveig Sofia,

I love you so very much and right now my heart is aching to have you here in my arms. The Lord brought you into our lives and He took you out...but your life was not a mistake, nor will it ever be forgotten. I will always be grateful that I carried you close to my heart, inside my womb. There is nothing else quite so astounding as the presence of a baby inside a mama. This mama prayed for such a long time to have another child. And after losing two sweet babies early on in pregnancy I wasn't sure if we'd ever be able to have another baby. Then God surprised your daddy and I with the gift of you. And what an awesome gift you were, are and always will be to us. Daddy and I are deeply grieving and we do not understand why you are not here. We do not know why your life was taken so early due to the umbilical cord wrapping around your fragile frame. But what I can tell you is that many people's lives have already been touched by you, and the Lord is being brought glory. Your funeral yesterday was absolutely stunning and I am so thankful that we could honor your short life in that way. I wish that you were here...to rock you, nurse you, hold you, kiss your soft skin and stroke your feather soft hear...to see you grow up with your big brother and sister...to enjoy life with you. There is no one who will EVER replace you. No one will ever take from your daddy and I the pieces of our hearts which you have. We long to see you again in Heaven where we will stand with you in the presence of the Lord God Almighty. We look forward to running through the streets of gold and the lush green fields, playing with all the animals, laughing, singing, dancing and eating. Solveig Sofia Johnson, you have left an indelible print in our lives and we will always love you.

Love always,
Your mommy, Melody

4 comments:

Amy Sharon said...

thank you for sharing this beautiful, personal memento to sweet solveig. i am deeply moved by the grace in your life poured out lavishly on you by the Father!! praise God from Whom all blessings flow, in the easy times and in the hard times. i love you, sweet friend!

Shanta said...

Dear Melody, I'm thinking about you every day and holding you in my heart. Give yourself and your family hugs for me.

FrancoPepeKalle said...

Singing your children is a great idea. My mom sanged to me a lot when I was kid being bossy, it was my mom's singing that got me to be nice as I can be. I too like to sing as well. I man having a good voice. I thank my mom a lot. God has blessed some people with beautiful voices.

So SingingMamaMelody, keep singing to your children and blessings will occur. Thanks for this great post. I enjoy this blog so much. Keep up the good work.

CYBIL said...

Mel, thank you so much for sharing your heart with us. I couldn't stop crying while I was reading this. You have touched so many people's lives with your amazing strength and faith in our Lord Jesus. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. I hope you know we pray for you and your family daily. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of how to fully trust in the Lord. Love you, friend! Cyb