Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Monday, March 12, 2012

Big Sister's Thoughts

Many sweet thoughts have been coming out of our children's mouths these last few weeks. Today at lunch, Bug started talking about Solveig and said, "Sometimes when I think about Solveig, I like to call her 'Sissy.' (I know that she means sister, of course.) That's just like when Buzz was a baby and he would call me [insert nickname]." I asked her, "Do you miss Solveig?" Her reply was, "Yes, I do. Sometimes at night when I'm trying to go to sleep, I think about her and about all the fun times that we would've had together." Tears from the mama...unstoppable...leaving me speechless....Then I say to her, "well one day when we're in Heaven together, we'll have a great time together with Solveig." Bug says, "Yes, that will be great. We won't have to live in separate houses anymore."


No my dear, we will not. For we will all live in God's big house with many many rooms...oh how I long to be there.

3 comments:

Shanta said...

God bless these kids. Last night Annika said, through her tears, "Sometimes when I'm sad that baby Solveig died, I feel like I'm going to cry FOREVER". I know the feeling, and I know you do too.
Much love!

Anonymous said...

Melody....it has been many years since we have seen one another and I learned of your sweet daughter's passing yesterday from my parents and found the link to your blog through facebook. I am so sorry for your loss - my heart overflows for you and your family and you are all in my prayers. Reading your words shoots me back in time to when we attended youth group together at Calvary. I remember your incredible spirit back then - even through incredible grief, it's amazing how vibrant that spirit of yours still is. And your faith - may you continue to find comfort and peace in it. Your are already an inspiration to many. Continue to heal and we'll all continue to pray.

God Bless.

Jennifer (LaMere) Schlieper

Maria said...

There's a reason why Jesus has a heart for children. Out of their mouths comes simple truth and everlasting faith. What an encouragement to have faith like them. I know you will see Solveig soon... our lives here on earth are like the morning dew. I'm praying for you and your family!