Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bees

I know that God created bees to help pollinate plants and flowers, but why did He have to create them with a stinging mechanism??? Bees scare me, plain and simple. I'm allergic to bees, and although I've only had three bee stings in my entire life, I have become so afraid of them that I freeze and start crying if they come near me. And of course they do come near me...they seem to know that I'm afraid and that I don't like them, so they thoroughly enjoy sitting on me.

Today the weather is so lovely after a huge thunderstorm passed through last night and the humidity seems to have been lifted from our midst. We decided it would be nice to eat outside on our little patio. It was definitely nice for the first 20 minutes, and then the bees arrived. They must have wanted a bite of our peaches and burritos, or me. :) I did my routine - I froze and I started to cry out of fear of the sting, and I ran inside!!! I'm SO glad that I didn't actually get stung. I think my little girl was wondering what was wrong with me, and so was my husband. He was trying to tell me that I'd be okay, and in the end I was.

I'm looking forward to Fall when the bees will die off or migrate or whatever it is that they do. Now I'm curious and I'd like to read up on my fearsome foe. I'm also looking forward to the gorgeous Fall colors that will arrive in just a month or two! For now, I'm enjoying the lovely, clear summer air.