Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Update on the Bracelet Story Contest

Awhile back, I wrote about my special charm bracelet and also about how I had submitted my story for the Brigh_ton store in their charm bracelet story contest.  You can read that post by clicking here.

Many have asked whatever happened with that contest and my submission.  I never did hear anything from the company directly, but I did get an email about voting for the finalists in the contest.  I went on their website and read about their stories, honoring special women in their lives, and got to see their lovely bracelet designs.  The winners have been announced and you can read about it and see their bracelets by clicking here.

Some are wondering if I'm disappointed that I wasn't asked to be a finalist.  Well, perhaps a little bit.  But it's okay.  I'm not going to get all hung up on that, as it really doesn't matter to me in the grand scheme of life.  There are "bigger fish to fry" as some might say.  It was fun to write my story though, and I'm glad that I could at least share it with the company and with everyone who reads this blog, regardless of the results.  And I'm thankful for the sweet ladies at the local mall store who helped me in the first place.

My bracelet that I wear almost all the time holds on it jewels, earthly treasures.  My real treasures are in the lives that I love here on Earth and in Heaven.  They are the jewels on my crown, so to speak.  I cannot wait to join my sweet babies in Heaven one day where I'll be surrounded by more beauty and treasures than anyone could ever imagine.  And for now I am so blessed to love my husband and our two living children.  They are treasures of the most grand sort...worth more than any prize of earthly proportions.

I love the way the Message translation of the Bible describes this passage from Matthew 6:19-21.  It says,


"Don't hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or—worse!—stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it's safe from moth and rust and burglars. It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being."



3 comments:

Becky said...

Love the translation of that verse, Melody...I know our treasure is in the Lord, but I just imagine the other treasure we have in heaven, too - and lately that is where I've wanted to be. Can't wait to see you this week, friend.

Unknown said...

I love that verse Melody. I have to say it is good you have such a beautiful perspective it is really easy to get your feeling hurt when you are grieving. I have more times than I care to admit. Well I am glad you have your beautiful bracelet :) BIG HUGS my friend.

Erin Bennett said...

Love this!!