Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pray...Brother Joel

UPDATE ON JOEL 5/7/12 - Thank you for praying for Joel!  His surgery today went well and he is currently recovering.  Please continue to pray for him...pray against infection, pray for complete recovery...thank you so much.

It has been awhile since I've posted anything about my brother Joel.  Here's a brief synopsis of Joel's history:

Joel is married and has three children.  He was diagnosed with colon cancer in the fall of 2009 at age 37.  At that time, he had major surgery to remove a large portion of his colon.  Then he went through chemo. for awhile and was finally declared cancer free. Two years later, his cancer reappeared, this past fall of 2011.  However, this time the cancer was in different places - his liver and his lungs.  Joel underwent some more chemo. and then the dr.'s checked to see if his cancer had shrunk or spread.   Apparently his liver tumor has now shrunk some and his lung tumors are stable.

Tomorrow, Joel will be having liver surgery.  Approximately one third of his liver will be removed.

Please pray for Joel and his family.  Many of you have been praying for him these past few years, and we so appreciate that.

Thank you so much.  I love my brothers and am so blessed to have them in my life.

The below picture captured a fun moment with my brothers and our dear uncle last Easter in our home...

left to right - Brothers Joel & Eric and our Uncle Ron - Easter 2011

7 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

I'm so sorry. I will definitely pray!

God's Most Precious said...

So Sorry ... I will definitely be praying...if you would like to put this prayer request up on my blog you can...
www.godsmostprecious.blogspot.com
the link that says KOINONIA... all the way at the bottom... prayer requests are prayed for daily...
God Bless
Monica

Unknown said...

Oh how sad, I am saying a prayer for him now!

Adrienne said...

Melody, I am praying for Joel's recovery from his surgery, for their family's journey through this, for continued strength and healing...for God's comfort, healing and peace to surround him and you all as you walk with him through this...xoxox

Laurie and company said...

praying for your brother, his family, you and yours, Melody.
so hard.
xoxo

God's Most Precious said...

I just wanted to know how Joel was doing. How surgery went? Praying for him. God will glorify Himself through this all!! I hope you and your family are well.

Monica
www.godsmostprecious.blogspot.com

KOINONIA

SingerMamaMelody said...

Thanks for all of your prayers everyone. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he was doing well, although he is really tired. He's having a hard time sleeping. Thank you for praying.