Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dream Feeding Victory!!!

Our Little Buzzy Bear has been sleeping in his crib at night now for a few weeks, which is a HUGE deal! He had been previously sleeping in his bassinet next to our bed as well as with us in our bed. Now mind you, he still comes into our bed at some point during the night...usually somewhere around 4-5 AM, but the fact that he is going to bed regularly at 7PM and sleeping until 4-5 AM with only a "dream feed" around 11pm-12am is FANTASTIC! I have been giving him a bottle of my mama milk for that dream feed, usually, and that is working so well. I was telling Erik the other night that I feel like a better mommy now that I'm getting some more time to myself in evenings. Buzzy is also taking his morning nap in his crib, unless we're out and about and then he sleeps in his car seat. Altogether, he is getting much better about sleeping on his own and we're so glad. Perhaps it is because he is now six months old and getting three solid food meals a day, but I don't know for sure. So far he has had rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, homemade pureed cooked sweet potatoes and prunes. The latter item was much needed after too much rice cereal!

That is the update from Lake Wobegon.

1 comments:

Lacinda said...

Yeah! It's such a relief when the babies start sleeping well. I'm glad you're getting more rest too. Sleep makes a huge difference! Glad the little guy is doing well.