Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Friday, July 25, 2008

TGIF

I always love and appreciate Fridays because Fridays mean that Erik is home for the weekend! And with two children now, I REALLY look forward to Fridays and knowing that I have my honey here to not only help out but just to be with. One thing we love to do as a family is to take walks. Tonight we took a walk to our neighborhood park and let me tell ya, it was a much needed walk for me. A relief walk, really. When I don't exercise, I kind of start to go crazy. Today was just a busy day, and even though I'm really exhausted and even though I had a mini-meltdown after supper, I knew that I had to get a walk. Once we got Kristi situated at the playground, I spent a little time with her playing and Erik walked Anders around the perimeter of the park. Then we switched off and I walked Anders while Erik played with our big Buggy Girl. While I was walking, I could feel my endorphins kicking in and allowing my tension to release. I prayed and thanked God for the lovely surroundings that I get to see when I'm walking...green grass & trees & flowers, the sounds of the birds singing and children playing, and I thanked Him for being Lord of all the Earth, omnitient, omnipotent, and omnipresent...I usually feel His presence more it seems when I'm outside enjoying nature, and tonight was one of those nights. So, THANK YOU GOD for giving us the outdoors.

Anders seems to be healing up well from his circumcision. We're so glad for that.

Blessings...

3 comments:

Gamma! said...

I was about to e-mail you that I have been praying for you (and I have!) and decided I could check out your blog for the latest news. Thank you Lord for such great news about Anders! The pictures of your family are so precious - and your smile is spectacular as always. I will keep praying and watching to see how God is going to lead your beautiful family. Love, Nancy

SingerMamaMelody said...

Thanks Nancy! I appreciated your email that you sent and I so apprciate your prayers.

SingerMamaMelody said...

Thanks Nancy! I appreciated your email that you sent and I so apprciate your prayers.