Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Invasion of the...

BOX ELDER BUGS!!!!!!! People, they're back, and they're getting in our home through every possible crevice. I remember last fall when we found this home and we visited several times before we bought it, I saw GIZILLIONS of box elder bugs everywhere. Needless to say, they kind of creep me out and I have this tendency to want to squish them and get rid of them. They're perfectly harmless, and just happen to enjoy hanging out with us, but I don't like their presence one bit. We have four box elder trees in our backyard, so I think that is one huge reason why there are so many bugs. The trees look kind of pretty though, so perhaps we'll keep them around...even though my original plan was to cut them down and replant with something else.

On another note, we're hanging in there in our house, except that three of us are sick. Yup, me and the kiddos are sick. My illness just crept in today, so I'm trying to get rid of it using my SinuCleanse pot, taking vitamins, and not eating so much sugar! I gotta stop the sugar. It just doesn't help things in general. Also, I'm really excited to try my new Jack LaLanne Power Juicer! I've actually had it sitting in our kitchen for the last several weeks. It was a fun purchase while hubby man was gone in Asia, and now I am looking forward to using it and seeing if it might help me overcome this yucky buggy inside of me!

Despite being ill, two kiddos are surprisingly happy much of the time. Green snot runs down their faces and they keep smiling at me - precious. And to top it off, we had a chance to take some outdoor photos today when Daddy came home from work. We were jumping in the leaves and it was fun and colorful!

That's all for now! Gotta go feed the littlest bug...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have box elder bugs... I've heard the only way to truly get rid of them is to cut down the box elder trees.

In lieu of that, and if you don't want to hire an exterminator, you can get rid of them by spraying them with laundry detergent. Mean, I know, but I do this outside of our front door... otherwise we'd be infested.

SingerMamaMelody said...

Thanks for the info., Anonymous! :) Yes, I've heard that before about cutting down the box elder trees to get rid of the bugs. Perhaps one day we'll do that, but right now those trees look nice and they're also providing somewhat of a screen between us and our neighbors. Several of our neighbors also have the box elder trees in their yards.

SingerMamaMelody said...

Thanks for the info., Anonymous! :) Yes, I've heard that before about cutting down the box elder trees to get rid of the bugs. Perhaps one day we'll do that, but right now those trees look nice and they're also providing somewhat of a screen between us and our neighbors. Several of our neighbors also have the box elder trees in their yards.