Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On the way?

Hey Ya'all!

I think that Baby Boy is on the way as things seem to be progressing a lot in the last 20 hours or so...we'll see what happens in the next day or two! I thought for sure last night was the night as I had TWO HOURS of strong contractions, but then they stopped and they weren't super close together...I really wanted to go to the hospital, but somehow I felt like it wasn't right and I should just lay down again. Sure enough, the contractions stopped and I was able to go back to sleep for a few hours. Poor Erik! He's so tired too, with all the disruptions in his sleep. What a good sport!

Well, must go as my Little Bug is sitting on my lap...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear the news. Isn't it frustrating having to wait? Well, it won't be long... hang in there. Amy

Anonymous said...

Melody,
Wow, you sound just like me about two months ago!!!! I totally empathize with all of your feelings. I'd encourage you to google "prodromal labor" and see what you can read about it--I found it very helpful to understand that the extended periods of contractions are normal for some women, they are not true labor since they don't lead to the birth of the baby, but they are also much different than Braxton Hicks. I kept thinking that any day was the day since I had so many days and nights of contractions like you're describing, but then of course, you know the outcome--Christin was born 5 days late! Anyway, look it up and see what you think. I'm praying for you as you wait it out! You can do it! And every day inside is really good for Baby Boy.

Take care of yourself!
Love,
Rachel