Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Friday, November 23, 2007

New House

Hello there! I'm writing to you from our new house where we've been busily putting away our belongings and trying to figure out where to place everything. It has been a fun adventure so far. Erik has been painting a lot, and things are starting to appear brighter around here! This morning, he started painting our dining room a lovely golden yellow, and it made me smile so big when I saw that beautiful, sunny color! I don't know about you, but I'm really affected by my surroundings. Bright or soothing colors do something huge for my immediate mood. Our bedroom has been painted a similar shade of sky blue as what we had in our old house, and I love it! It helps me to feel calm when I'm ready to sleep. And we're thinking about painting our kitchen red, which I would love. I keep saying "we," but the reality is, my dear Erik is the one doing the painting jobs. AND, we were VERY VERY blessed to have the help of our parents and other family and friends in this process of moving, ripping down old wallpaper & cornice boards, and unpacking things. There is still a lot to do, but this morning I really woke up feeling like there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we're going to get all of these boxes and projects taken care of in due time.

I hope that you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! I made my cranberry cherry relish to share with my family for yesterday's meal and with Erik's family for today's meal. It is always so good along with the turkey!

May God give you His perfect peace today.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad that you are getting settled!!! What a huge blessing upon your new home may it reflect God's love and have you open your house to shine for his glory!!! Amen sista!

Rachel said...

Melody,
Congrats on being in your new home! I hope it will quickly feel like "Home" too. I know you will get through all the projects as time goes on. And isn't it fun to see the transformation?! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Blessings,
Rachel

Shan in Japan said...

Welcome home!
Can't wait to see the new place. Be sure to send me your new address:)
Have fun unpacking!
Love,
Shan

Rachel said...

Oh, I love moving and setting up a new house! And yes, I am definitely affected by the colors in my environment. And I love having a red kitchen--it's warm and happy.

Please post pictures of your new place!

Blessings, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Melody and Erik....

If you go with the red, make sure you use a DARK GREY primer!!! Don't go to Home Depot, they will sell you a pink primer and it will take 8 coats to cover....we know from experience! :) We highly recommend the Sherwin Williams paint....more spendy, but you use much less!

Good luck!
The Gabrios (or Jenny to Erik...)