Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Thursday, August 2, 2012

When We Found Out

One year ago today, August 2nd, 2011, we were on a family vacation driving through Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin.  The first night we were staying in Escanaba, a place of childhood memories for me as I grew up going to Michigan every summer and we would often stay in that town en route.

In the middle of the night, probably 3am one year ago today, I took the test that told us we were expecting a baby...our Solveig.  I was ELATED and tried to contain my joy as I went back to our bed in the room we were sharing with our kids.  Quietly I whispered to Erik the good news.  I do recall a smile spreading across his face, as well as the directive to try to go back to sleep! :)  This news was such a blessing after having had two miscarriages in a row.  We were so hopeful to try again.

Carrying Solveig was an incredible gift and I'll always be so glad that I was able to have her inside of me, even though the outcome of her brief life wasn't as we would have hoped.  She is alive today...rejoicing in Heaven.

Lord, thank you for letting me carry Solveig for as long as I did.  That in itself was a miracle.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Aww. I found out on August 1, 2011.

Jessica said...

Awww, I know this is a hard day to remember when you were still full of such joy and excitement, and now your days are not quite the same. I won't have my year anniversary to when I found I was expecting until October. I sure hope today is kind to you. ((big big hugs))

Unknown said...

Oh that must of been a happy night for you. Solveig was a blessing to earth and Heaven.

April said...

I remember that date as well. It's another day that weighs heavy on many of us that others don't fully understand. Sending you love. xo xo