Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back to Blogging

I have been out of touch with writing my blog, and just decided that tonight was the night that I would write again! Life has been so busy lately...well, I guess life is always busy, but it seems like my life lately has been full of much running around and going lots of different places, and doing lots of different things. Sometimes that can be a great thing, and I do enjoy variety, but sometimes it is also tiring and draining.

I am an introverted extrovert, and Erik is much the same. We both love to be with people, but at the same time we really enjoy "alone" time by ourselves, and feel rejuvenated when we have that time. Perhaps since I have been married I have become much more this introverted extroverted person that I am, or maybe it was in grad. school when I had my own apartment for a year and a half. I really liked that time and space that I could call my own. Sometimes I miss that apartment. It was such a cute little place, and I have such happy memories there...lots of friends coming to visit and stay since I was in a different state, dinners and movies with friends...and it represented grad. school, which for me was such a great time in life. At times I really miss being in that time of life, just full of learning and opportunities. But you know what? God has really shown me that my life right now is a really good thing. I love being married to Erik, and I love being Kristi's Mama, and I really love singing random gigs and teaching voice lessons, and just doing all the other things that come along with all those roles. Life is good. We have different seasons and changes, but through the changes, GOD is good, and He never fails. He has never ever failed me yet.

Change is hard for me. I'm anticipating lots of new changes with our home on the market and hoping for a sale, the hope of then finding a different home to live in, and hopefully at some point having more children. What is so neat is that through each change that I have undergone up until now, I have grown as an individual, and I have been forced to give up my selfish nature and trust that God will take care of me. And He has. I know that He will continue to take care of me and my family. I trust Him for that.

Anyway, this has grown into a much longer post than I had originally planned on...but I just wanted to share that God is making me listen to Him and His plans for my life, and our life as a family. It isn't always easy, truly, but I'm slowly learning...