Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2015 - These are my people

Sunday, July 29, 2012

5 Months Later...

It has been five months since Solveig came and went.  I think the depth of our loss is even greater now than it was then.  Babies and baby stuff abound around me...and many moments it is much easier to endure now than it used to be.  I see adorable baby girl sundresses at the store with the big red bullseye and everywhere else for that matter and everything in me wants to buy one...but then I am reminded that at this point there is no reason for that.  I miss her.  I miss my tiny little love and would love her to be in my arms once again.  Some days Heaven could not possibly come any sooner...and others I am grateful to yet be here.  So many reasons are present for me to stay right now, and I'm grateful for those reasons to live.  I think of her all the time still.  She is on my mind.  So if you are around me, please do not hesitate to ask me about Solveig.  Please don't hesitate to ask how I'm doing with our loss.  Please don't hesitate to say her name...because I love to hear her name.  I miss people saying her name.  And it's hard that now life is really moving on, yet we are not fully moving on nor are we ready to fully move on.  Please do not hurry us in our grief.  Please do not expect that we can not grieve any longer.  It is a lifelong process from what I hear.

We will not forget you, precious little angel Solveig Sofia.  We will never forget.  You are forever an important part of our family.

Your mama loves you sweet girl.  I know your eyes are bright and gazing upon our Savior and Lord Jesus...I can't wait to look there with you and to hold you in my arms again.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Athearns said...

Melody,
My friend Elisabeth gave me your blog address. We recently lost our son Matthew at 16 weeks. Giving birth to him and burying him has been the hardest thing I have ever experienced. Thank you for sharing your story, though. The things you are writing are exactly the things I am feeling right now! I want to tell people, "Yes! Please ask me how we are doing! Say Matthew's name! He was a real person and what parent doesn't love to talk about their child??" It's not even been seven weeks and I feel like some people expect us to be "over it" by now. Like we should move on and be back to our normal selves. It just doesn't happen like that. But you know that, obviously. :) Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for sharing. Thank you for reminding this grieving momma that she is not alone and that there are others out there who share my pain. May God bless you and your family as you cling to Him during this time.
Blessings to you,
~Amanda

Unknown said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Praying for you my friend.

Laurie and company said...

beautiful girl.
<3